Since Christmas holidays are coming soon I thought I’d thank you for the awesome work you’re doing with Noodl! But also make a list of things I’d like Santa to bring in the next version(-s) of it. Perhaps some of them are readily available through writing custom JS nodes, but one can always hope for more out of the box solutions
- Comments: A way to comment, nodes, group of nodes, connection…
- Debug messages (without having to do a JS node workaround).
- A better way to manage/reuse own nodes in different projects. A node collection manager of some sorts.
- Nodes to use with webcam/mic/speakers etc. (basically any device HW). Yes, this is a big one, I know…
- Similarly, keyboard / mouse action capturing
- Video node (I know there was an example in the forums, but something built-in would be awesome)
- Large data streams (live) get heavy fast and sometimes break (mentioned in one of the forum posts).
- 3D (either through three.js or some other solution), importing models, manipulating them etc.
- A tutorial / guide of how to use JS with Noodle, from the basics to more advanced.
- Expand/collapse group of nodes in a hierarchy. For those extra long groups
- Gradient fills
- Boolean operations
- Layer blending operations
- Blur under (think MS Acrylic or whatever the Apple equivalent is)
- Triangle shape node
- Date and time node
- Multi-viewer of prototype management. Erm… How do I explain this… a way to allow creation of multi-user prototypes. E.g. a drawing app where multiple people can draw on the same canvas. Simple Not sure what this would be based on though IP, user-name or some other system. Unfortunately I’ve experienced that creating a management system for different users is extremely difficult and time consuming with the current Noodl implementation. Plus, mentioned in bugs on forum - a new user connecting sometimes ‘refreshes’ apps for other viewers.
Thanks again and happy upcoming holidays!